Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just when I thought it was really over...

This past Saturday, Mom decided after 60 years of marriage that she couldn't stay with Pop anymore. She just couldn't stand it! It was over. She was finished. It's final!

She was obviously frustrated about something Pop had done. I just had to find a way to soothe her and get to the root of her frantic ravings.

"I can't sleep with you anymore." she shouted at Pop.
 It's true, I thought, she really means it this time. Then I heard ...
"I've decided to buy a new mattress."

So off we went to the Macy's mattress sale. Before we left, I told Mom to bring her walker because it would be a hike going through the mall. At first she refused, but her resolve was strong and the walker prevailed.

As we were getting in the car, I told her to be careful with the walker, don't go too fast and use small steps. Here was her proud response, "I was trained in the use of this walker!"

Three hours later and Certified Walker Mom, who speed-walked her way through the entire mall, was the proud owner of a queen mattress and box spring set, two sets of queen sheets and queen mattress pad.

"That'll fix him!" she said out loud.



No comments:

Post a Comment