Saturday, December 24, 2011

T'was the Night Before Christmas....

... and all through the house,
the TV was deafening at Mom and Pop's house.
The stockings were hung but yet to be filled
with candies and Combos and lots of goodwill.
The parents were nestled all snug in their recliners,
With had visions of gummy bears what could be finer
And Mom in her blanket and Pop with his puzzle,
And me I just wanted the TV to muzzle!@#
Cleaning and cooking, sweeping and mopping
and then off to do some last minute shopping
Paper and ribbons, boxes and bows
wrapping and tape, anything goes!
And all of a sudden there was a knock at the door
Twelve people for breakfast and for dinner much more
The TV still blaring, the parents asleep
And me, my sanity I want to keep

As I finally snuggled in bed for the night
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."




No comments:

Post a Comment